I was nominated by Erin @ Pages of Milk and Honey for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much Erin. You are such a sweetheart and if my readers have not checked out her blog yet, you should go do that right now.
I was nominated once before in October of 2017 for this award, but as I found the original creator of this award, it seems to change just a little bit every year. So since Erin originally nominated me for this award in 2018, I’ll be following the rules for the Liebster Award 2018 version.
The creator of this award is Jack @ The Global Aussie
What Is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2018 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, king, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog – easier way is including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting.
4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional)
5. Answer the 11 questions given to you and create 11 new questions for the bloggers that you nominate.
6. Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
7. List these rules in your post.
Why I Am Passionate About Blog Posting:
I started my blog so that I could write reviews. I wanted to become a better writer and I wanted to be able to track what books I have read and what my thoughts are on those books. I was skeptical at first because – “I have no idea how to start a blog”, “where do I start” “nobody is going to read my content” “who cares what I have to say”. So many thoughts, like these, put doubt in my mind but one day I just took the plunge and started my blog. The book community is so amazing! Every one that I have met online has been supportive and engaging in the content that I write, even if I’m not the greatest writer, people love discussing books with each other. The book community definitely motivates me to keep writing and posting and I am so thankful to all the wonderful people I have met through here.
10 Random Facts About Me:
1. I’ve recently been obsessed with zero waste and have slowly been transitioning some items that are more eco-friendly.
2. My husband and I got a golden retriever puppy in 2018 that we named Bella.
3. My favorite video game is Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
4. I just watched Home Alone for the first time last month.
5. I am 26 years old.
6. I love all vegetables, aside from butter beans and/or lima beans.
7. Coffee is a necessity for me, daily!
8. Me, my parents and my grandparents were all born and raised in Florida.
9. I have been happily married for 3 1/2 years, exactly today.
10. I love house plants!
1. If you could play any book character in its film adaptation, who would it be?
Cress from The Lunar Chronicles. Cress and I are basically the same person. She’s short and shy and I am the exact same. Though, my hacking skills are absolutely zero compared to her.
2. What is one book you wish you had never read?
The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert – You can see my review here.
3. What is one book you think appeals to everyone?
Maybe The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It’s so amazing and such a well-loved book.
4. Would you rather have Belle’s library, or the Hogwarts Library?
Belle’s library! I’ve always been envious of her library.
5. Would you rather only read new books, or never read a new book again?
Only read new books. I can’t not read new releases. I’m always excited for new books to come out.
6. If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably fantasy. But gosh this is so hard to choose. Any genre would get tiresome after being able to only read that one but fantasy is my favorite!
7. If you could only read one author for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Leigh Bardugo. Enough said.
8. What will automatically make you dislike a book or author?
If the characters have no personalities or no development throughout the book, I most likely will get bored.
9. Do you prefer when books are turned into films, or TV shows?
I like films because when a book is turned into a TV series, it tends to drag on for far too long.
10. If you could gender-bend any book, what would it be?
I honestly have no clue about this one.
11. Which character would you switch lives with if you had to?
I would switch lives with Cress from The Lunar Chronicles. I know I have already mentioned her but she gets to travel and be with the love of her life. That’s a pretty sweet life!
1. Bree @ Jasper + Spice
2. Nada @ Early Bookish Birds
3. Amber @ ambsreads
4. Laura @ Latteandbooks
5. Emma @ emma reads
6. Chelsea @ Romweasley
7. Kim @ Traveling in Books
8. Clo @ Book Dragons
9. Rae @ Thrifty Bibliophile
10. Alanna @ One Page At a Time
11. Brittany @ BritReadsBooks
Questions for Nominees:
1. Who is your fictional best friend?
2. What is your favorite bookshop?
3. When do you do most of your reading?
4. Where is your favorite place to read?
5. Why is reading important to you?
6. How do you make time for reading in your daily life?
7. Who is your fictional crush?
8. What is your favorite place you have traveled to?
9. What are some of your favorite TV shows?
10. Where is the best place to get some waffles?
11. Paperbacks or hardbacks?
Like always, if I nominated you please do not feel pressure to complete this tag. It’s kind of long and I understand it’s time consuming but just know that I love every single one of your blogs. Also, if I didn’t tag you and you would like to spread the love, then consider yourself officially tagged. Thanks for reading!!