Happy New Year!! I know I’m super behind on that but I’m back and ready to be active in this wonderful blogging community. The holiday’s were busy for me and I had to take a little break from both here and Instagram but I plan on being totally active from here on out. Last year, I did this tag and I thought it only fitting that I do it again for 2018. So here we go!!
The creator of this tag is Farah @ the farah project.
1. German ex-nurse Niels Högel admits in court to killing over 100 patients, making him one of the world’s worst serial killers (A Book Series You Love)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – I may have mentioned before, but I read all 7 books in the Throne of Glass series in January 2018 and just fell completely in love with it. I still need to read Kingdom of Ash to complete it but I think I’m putting it off because I just don’t want it to end.
2. Archaeologists uncover more than 300 gold coins from the late imperial period from a theater in Como, Italy (An Underrated Book You Want More People to Read)
What Light by Jay Asher – I don’t see this book that much, in fact, the only reason I bought it was because it was at a bargain store and I recognized the author from Thirteen Reasons Why. Maybe because it’s a Christmas book is why I don’t see it on social media or being talked about but it was so cute and I plan to read it every Christmas season.
3. Sweden’s official Twitter account confirms Swedish meatballs actually originated in Turkey (A Book That Didn’t Meet Your Expectations)
Legendary by Stephanie Garber – Caraval was one of my favorite reads of 2017 so, of course, I was excited for the sequel. But unfortunately, I thought that it had lost it’s magic that I had loved so much from the first book.
4. Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo joins Italian champions Juventus in a deal worth £99.2m, becoming one of the four most expensive players of all time (Most Anticipated Book Buy)
Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris – After loving Paris’ two previous works, I couldn’t wait for her next story and I devoured it! Her stories are so good with twists that I never see coming.
5. American actress Meghan Markle marries Prince Harry at a ceremony in Windsor Castle, making her a member of the British royal family (Favorite Character Pairing)
Dorian and Manon from the Throne of Glass series – I was an original Dorian and Celaena shipper but by the end of the series I was shipping Dorian with Manon. Because I honestly think that Manon is a more interesting character than Celaena.
6. Banksy work “Girl With Balloon” automatically shreds moments after being sold for 1 million pounds in London, re-named “Love is in the Bin” (A Book That Suprised You)
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo – 2018 was the year of Leigh Bardugo for me. I read her Grisha trilogy, which I disliked so much, and I was very skeptical about her Six of Crows duology. But as soon as I started it and got invested in the characters, I couldn’t put it down.
7. Twelve camels disqualified from the King Abdulaziz Camel beauty contest in Saudi Arabia after their owners used botox on their lips (A Book with a Beautiful Cover)
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald by J.K. Rowling – Still haven’t seen this movie installment and the screenplay was ok but the cover is just out of this world. MinaLima always has such great book covers!
8. Kenyan marathon runner Eliud Kipchoge named UN Person of the Year for setting a new marathon world record (A Book You Flew Through)
Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas – I read this 660 page book over the course of 2 days. Needless to say, I really liked it!
9. World’s new longest flight flies from Singapore to Newark Airport, New Jersey takes 17 hours 52 minutes (A Book That Took You the Longest Time to Read)
In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken – The Darkest Minds series put me in my first ever reading slump and this one, took me 29 days to read. That’s the entire month!
10. Liverpool and Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah is named African Football Player of the Year (Book of the Year)
Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman – If you read my top 10 books of 2018 then you know that this is my #1 book of the year. I was blown away by all of the religious parallels and how well thought out this world that Neal has created. I am silently screaming for The Toll to be released ASAP!