I was tagged by Sarah @ Sarah’s Bookshelves to do The Book Blogger Test Tag. Sarah is so sweet and has a cute little blog so go give her a follow if you haven’t.
•Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
•Answer the questions on this post – don’t stress it’s quick!
•Nominate and notify some peeps. 5 preferred.
What are your 3 bookish pet peeves?
1. Someone interrupting me while I’m reading. My husband tends to this a lot and most times I don’t really mind but if I’m in a good part in the story and I can’t look away, it really frustrates me to be interrupted.
2. Mid-series cover change. Ugh! I like series to match. Whether that is the cover or the size of the book. Either way, I really hate it when they decide to change it up.
3. Stickers on book. NOOOO! Thankfully I have discovered Goo Gone to take my stickers off and so I don’t have an issue with this as much but it would be great if I didn’t even have to use it.
Name a perfect reading spot.
In a hammock on the beach in Hawaii with a Piña Colada in your hand and a bowl of fresh juicy pineapple with a great summer contemporary. Sounds great doesn’t it?
Give three reading confessions.
1. I can’t DNF a book. If I don’t like it, I will just put it down for another time.
2. I’ve never read a Jane Austen book. GASP! I know they are classics and everybody loves them and I think I own all of them. Next year will be the year!
3. I judge authors based on one of their books. This is terrible I know but sometimes an authors style is just not for you. Example: The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert, it’s the worst book I’ve read this year and I can’t see myself continuing with the series or even picking up any more books by Albert.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
Gosh, it feels like it has been a while. Probably when I read Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo which was back in May.
Number of books on your bedside table.
Just one. Which would be my current read. I only read one book at a time.
Favorite reading snack.
I’m not a huge snack person when I read but if I do get something it’s usually popcorn.
What are 3 books you’d recommend to anyone?
1. Scythe and Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Provide a picture of your bookshelves.
How much do books mean to you in three words?
They mean EVERYTHING!
(It’s really hard to answer this, especially in three words, but there ya go)
Biggest reading secret.
Because I read a lot of YA, this is surprising. To me and to others but I have never read anything by Cassandra Clare… I own a lot of her books but I haven’t gotten to them yet.