How was your first month of the new season? I have been having a great month but unfortunately it was short lived when my husband got called to go on another job. This time in the UK! This is his first time out of the country and I was so nervous for him and the phone calls have been weird with the time difference but we are making it work. Hopefully he will only be over there for 3-4 weeks and then we can continue our nice summer. Other than that, I have been trying to catch up on some reading and getting back into shape.
For the month of June, I hauled 11 books but I didn’t spend more than $30.00. That’s right! I used gift cards that I had been saving since Christmas and I was sent a couple of books. So let’s see the books!!
1. Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling (Book Depository)
2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (Book Depository)
3. Legendary by Stephanie Garber (Barnes & Noble)
4. Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris (St. Martin’s Press)
5. Star Wars: The Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Crispin (Barnes & Noble)
6. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen (Ollie’s Bargain Outlet)
7. The Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan (Barnes & Noble)
8. Stay Sweet by Siobhan Vivian (Barnes & Noble)
9. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (Barnes & Noble)
10. The Railway Children by E. Nesbit (Book Depository)
11. Mayfly by Jeff Sweat (JKS Communications)
I was sent finished copies of both Bring Me Back and Mayfly from the publishers to review. B.A. Paris is my favorite thriller author so I couldn’t wait to read her newest book, which I have already, and it was great! Just So Stories and The Railway Children are the newest additions to the Puffin Classics collection and I just had to get them. I pre-ordered Legendary but sadly, I was very disappointed in this sequel. And of course, I’m still looking for all the Sarah Dessen books and I found one more to add to my shelves. I seriously have been finding all of my Dessen books for $1.99. How great is that? I used some of my Barnes and Noble gift cards to get Stay Sweet and Children of Blood and Bone since I have heard amazing things about them.
What books did you haul this month? Thanks so much for reading, cya!