I am so behind on blogging awards.. I’m ashamed. But I’m going to be catching up in the next few weeks and I really want to give recognition to the blogs that I love! This first award, is actually my second time receiving this one, for the Blogger Recognition Award, I was nominated by Malanie @ Malanie Loves Fiction. Malanie is so sweet and her posts are SO funny! I always know that when I see she has a post for the day, that my day will pretty much be made. Please go give her a follow. I promise you will be entertained.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How Beach Bookworm Got Started:
Okay, so I discovered bookstagram in 2016. I didn’t have my own account, I just followed a lot of beautiful accounts. I wanted to create my own bookstagram but at the time, my husband and I were living with my parents in my tiny bedroom that I grew up in. All of our wedding gifts were boxed up, in storage, until we could find a home. So there was just no room for me to take pictures. All of my books were in stacks in the closet and it was just not easily accessible. Well, we finally found our first home last year and a month later after being moved in, I created my first bookstagram post. I was hooked! The community was so nice and everyone I met was so encouraging. I picked the name Beach Bookworm because I live in Florida but I lived about an hour and a half away from the beach but now, since we moved, I live 20 minutes from the beach. I was going almost every day last summer and the name just came to me. I never knew what an arc was until I started bookstagram and once I found out what they were, I wanted to receive my own. Leading to Beach Bookworm as a blog. I knew I needed to write reviews for the books I was reading and a blog seemed like the easiest place to do that.
Advice for New Bloggers:
1. Don’t stress over the followers. Here’s the thing.. I do not call myself a writer. I just enjoy writing content to share my love of books. I love reading others posts and discussing books we love and hate. So if you are active in the community and enjoying it, the numbers don’t matter. I thought maybe 10 people would follow me and I was totally okay with that. But now I have 383 followers and to me that is a lot!! So keep writing your content and interacting with other bloggers and your work will be seen. For me, it’s not about the numbers but about the friends I have made.
2. Make a schedule. Every month, I create a document with 2 columns. One column is for bookstagram posts and one is for my blog. I find that it helps tremendously! Do I always keep to it? No, because life happens and stuff comes up that we don’t plan for. But at least with a schedule you can be more organized.
Kelly @ another book in the wall
Emma @ Emma Reads
Amy @ The Little Booknerds in the Corner
Ellyn @ allonsythornraxx
Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm
Lacy @ a ravenclaw library
Amber @ ambsreads
Aneela @ The Mystique Reader
Taylor @ Taylor is Reading
Kyla @ Seelie Pages
Chloe @ Book Dragons
Alanna @ One Page At a Time
Aimee @ My Life in Books
Ashley @ Thrifty Bibliophile
Devyn @ Spineless Bookwyrm
All of these bloggers are amazing and deserve ALL the recognition. I would nominate all of you if it wouldn’t take so long. Please don’t feel obligated to do this if you don’t want to. I’m sorry if took so long to get posted, so I’m sure most of you have already done this. And since this is my second time being nominated, I made sure to include two new pieces of advice. So if you’re interested in seeing my first nomination, you can check it out here! Thanks so much for reading, cya!