It’s April tomorrow and I just can’t seem to wrap my head around that. I’m going to be an aunt in less than a month and I will hopefully get to see my husband before the end of the month as well. I have high expectations for my reading goal in April and I do not want to fail. What I did fail at was limiting my book purchasing. I started the month out great but it went downhill about halfway through. I hauled 14 books this month! Way more than the previous months this year already. But April will be the month that I buy no more than 5 books. I’m going to try my best!!
1. The Good Girl by Mary Kubica (Target)
2. Armada by Ernest Cline (Barnes & Noble)
3. Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer (Barnes & Noble)
4. Authority by Jeff VanderMeer (Barnes & Noble)
5. Acceptance by Jeff VanderMeer (Barnes & Noble)
6. The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition by Jason Fry (Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition)
7. Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston (OwlCrate Exclusive Cover)
8. State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury (FairyLoot Exclusive Edition)
9. The Way Back to You by Michelle Andreani & Mindi Scott (Books a Million)
10. Replica by Lauren Oliver (Books a Million)
11. Windwitch by Susan Dennard (Books a Million)
12. The Lying Game by Ruth Ware (Books a Million)
13. Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch (arc) (Simon & Schuster)
14. Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett (Simon & Schuster)
Like I said, I started the month out great. I made a purchase from Barnes & Noble online because my husband wanted the Annihilation trilogy so I ordered them for him and also got myself Armada and The Last Jedi. I also received my OwlCrate and FairyLoot boxes and for the first time this year, they were different books! Then I made a trip to Books a Million and I got The Way Back to You, Replica, Windwitch and The Lying Game all on bargain for $20 so I couldn’t pass it up. I also managed to get my first arc! I requested an arc of Love & Luck and I never heard back but two weeks later it was at my door and I was so thrilled. And yesterday Simon & Schuster sent me a completed hardcover copy of Starry Eyes and I had no idea that was coming so thank you Simon & Schuster for sending it to me. It sounds like a great read and I can’t wait to get to it.
What books did you haul this month? Have you read any of these that I mentioned? Thanks for reading, cya!