I have been nominated for an award! How exciting and crazy is that? I’m so thankful to Taylor @ Nerd Narration for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. She has a wonderful blog and is always posting some great stuff so make sure you check her out if you haven’t already. This is the first time I’ve heard of this award and therefore the first time I’ve been nominated for it, so let’s just go over everything.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
Created by Maggie @ okoto enigmas blog
“The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
5. Tell your readers three things about yourself.
6. Nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify your nominees.
8. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me:
1. While most people love winter, I hate it! I hate the cold, it makes me feel miserable and like, I never want to leave my bed. Thank goodness we have places like Florida and Hawaii so that I can stay in the warmth forever!!
2. I grew up on a farm. A farm with horses, cows, chickens, pigs and goats. And of course, dogs. We also grew a lot of vegetables and a lot of sugar cane. Every year we made our own cane syrup and it was such a cool experience. Of course when I was growing up, I hated doing all that work. Cleaning out barn stalls, pulling weeds out of the garden, all of that stuff was work and I hated it. But as an adult, I really appreciate those things because most people today have no idea how that kind of stuff works. And if my parents asked me to come help them with some farm stuff, I would not hesitate.
3. My favorite car that I ever owned was my 1993 For Mustang. It was sweet!! I bought it for $1,300 and it got me where I needed to go for a good 2 years, until I decided that I needed something more reliable. I would love to get another older mustang but I don’t see that happening any time soon.
1. If you won a free plane ticket anywhere in the world where would it take you and what is the FIRST thing you’d do there?
I would go to GREECE! I’ve wanted to go to Greece for as long as I can remember. Just seeing pictures online of Santorini and the beaches is enough to make me want to go but I think the first thing I would do is visit Athens. We don’t have old and ancient buildings in America like they do in Europe and seeing that kind of stuff sounds amazing!
2. If you could trade places with a book character for a day who would you choose and why?
Hermione Granger! Honestly, I almost said Cress from The Lunar Chronicles because she gets to travel all over with the love of her life, but I already kind of do that with my husband so that wouldn’t be much different. But I could definitely trade places with Hermione and go to Hogwarts!
3. What’s one of your bookish pet peeves?
I think that movie covers on books annoy me the most. I feel like it makes the book completely different since most of the time the movies are quite different from the books.
4. What’s the last book that made you cry?
I don’t cry very easily when I read books. And if I do, I don’t really remember. The last book I remember crying over was Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. It’s such a relatable and great story and I just remember feeling everything that Aza was going through. I have a review for it if you would like to check it out here.
5. At the Oscars this year there was a skit where celebrities crashed a viewing of A Wrinkle In Time. Who is the celebrity you would die to see crash your next movie screening?
I’m going to have to go with Blake Lively on this one. I’ve been a huge of hers since The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. She’s seems like she’s such a down-to-earth, carefree, wonderful human being and meeting her in person would be a delight.
Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm
Kay @ Hammock of Books
Malanie @ Malanie Loves Fiction
Amber @ Step Into a Book World
Lacy @ A Ravenclaw Library
Kelly @ Another Book In the Wall
Emma @ Emma Reads Too Much
Cory @ corymareads
Amber @ ambsreads
Aimee @ My Life In Books
1. If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
2. What hyped book, do you hate/dislike?
3. What is your worst and best trait?
4. What is the most interesting thing you’ve read this week?
5. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
My Best Post:
Award: One Lovely Blog Award – To this day, this is still my most liked post. I only posted it last month but it did very well, so thank you to all of you who read it and enjoyed it!
Thanks so much for reading, cya!