I was recently nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Windowsill Books and I am so thankful. This is the first time I’ve been nominated for anything on my blog and it was really exciting to see the notification for this. You should definitely check out their blog and give them a follow if you’re not following them already.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you
– Write a post to show your award
– Give a brief story of how your blog started
– Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
– Select 10-15 other bloggers you want to give this award to and let them know you nominated them
How Beach Bookworm Got Started:
I originally started my journey on Instagram. I have been following bookstagram accounts for about a year and a half now and always wanted to start one myself but I did not think people would actually like the content that I would post. So this summer, I decided to just do it. Then I started noticing those bookstagrammers had their own blogs as well and I was fascinated. I have wanted to start a blog for years but I never knew what I would post about. Well after starting bookstagram it became obvious that I needed a blog to post my book reviews and all my other bookish posts. Therefore, Beach Bookworm was born. I love the community on Instagram and on my blog. Everyone is so nice and interactive and it is just a lot of fun.
Advice for New Bloggers:
1. Just do it! I was super nervous about starting a blog and a bookstagram account and it took me almost a year to finally decide to do it and I love it. No I’m not the greatest photographer or writer but it is fun for me. So if you feel at all like I did, I’m telling you to just take the leap and start it. It might take up a lot of time for some people but do it at your pace.
2. Interact. If you want people to interact with your posts and your photos, it’s important that you reach out to other bloggers and do the same. I love commenting on others posts and discussing books or whatever topic is posted. It’s fun and you make some great online friends in the process.
Make sure to check out all these amazing accounts that I have nominated. I love reading all of their posts and I’m sure you will too.