I hope you enjoy this post of how I choose my books. This was a fun tag to do but I honestly do not pick my books in any specific way. Most of the time it’s just random. But we’ll see how this goes.
1. Find a book on your shelves or e-Reader with a blue cover. What made you choose this book?
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. This is one of my favorite classics.
2. Think of a book you didn’t expect to enjoy but did. Why did you read it in the first place?
After You by Jojo Moyes. I wanted to read this one because I hate not reading the rest of the series. Especially if I really enjoyed the first book. And I loved Me Before You! But after reading reviews for After You on Goodreads, I was scared that I wouldn’t like it. But I picked it up anyway and I loved it just as much as the first book.
3. Stand in front of your bookshelf with your eyes closed and pick up a book at random. How did you discover this book?
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Since I know where every single book is on my shelves, I told my husband to pick a number between 1 and 200 and he chose 77 and that gives us Uglies. I originally read this book in high school and I fell absolutely in love with it. I originally only read the trilogy up until this year, when I read all four books in the series. I discovered this book in my reading class. My teacher had it in her small library in the classroom and it looked interesting to me.
4. Pick a book that someone personally recommended to you. What did you think of the book?
Chasing Redbird by Sharon Creech. One of my goals this year is to read some of my friends’ favorite books of all time. My best friend told me that she loved Chasing Redbird when she was younger and I just recently read it. It’s an amazing story and I really would like to pick up more books from Sharon Creech.
5. Pick a book that you discovered through Booktube, blog, etc. Did it live up to the hype?
Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas. I gave this book a 3/5 rating because it was really slow and there was not a lot going on. I found myself bored while I was reading it and I kept wanting to put it down. So no, I do not think it lived it up the hype.
6. Find a book on your shelves or e-Reader with one word. What drew you to this book?
Hunted by Meagan Spooner. First off, the cover originally drew me to this book. Then when I read the synopsis and found out it was a retelling of Beauty & the Beast, I knew I wanted to read it and it is an amazing book! 5/5 rating from me.
7. What book did you discover through a film/TV adaptation?
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I watched this movie and really enjoyed it. I wouldn’t say that I loved it though. So I thought I’d check if it was based on a book. And what do you know.. it is!! But since I had already seen the movie, I knew what was going to happen. So I liked the movie and book both equally.
8. Think of your all time favorite book(s). When did you read them and why did you pick them in the first place?
Heartless by Marissa Meyer. I read this back in March of this year. This is my all time favorite book and I picked it up because it was a book club pick for the book club I was apart of on Instagram.
Now I tag anyone that wants to do this tag.